Skip Navigation Website Accessibility
CDN 403.859.2353
US 801.809.9380

                           Find Us
Welcome to Northland Lodge, nestled in the picturesque landscapes of Waterton Lakes National Park. Discover the beauty of Waterton by planning your trip for our open season which is from May to October! This page will provide information on best travel routes for your trip with details in regards to border information, airports, and driving tips. If you have any questions, please contact us.

Border Information & Directions

Crossing borders? Remember to bring your passport and make copies for your convenience. For more information visit the Canada Border Services Agency website and the US Customs and Border Patrol. Plan your journey ahead, considering potential border delays. Our team is here to ensure a seamless and enjoyable experience. Please note that you will navigate through a majority of two-lane roads when you plan on driving to our lodge.

Visitors traveling from the United States into Canada or vice versa can use any of the following 5 ports of entry:

  • Carway, Alberta/Peigan, Montana: Highway 2
    • Open all year; daily, 7:00am to 11:00pm
  • Del Bonita, Alberta/Del Bonita, Montana:  Highway 213N / Alberta Highway 62
    • Open: June 1 to Sept 15, 8:00am to 9:00pm, Sept 16 - May 31, 9:00am to 6:00pm
  • Coutts, Alberta/Sweetgrass, Montana: I-15 on the American side joins Alberta Highway 4
    • Open all year, daily 24 hour service
  • Chief Mountain, Alberta/Chief Mountain, Montana: Hwy 17N from Montana, or Hwy 6S from Alberta
    • Open June 1 to Oct 31, 7:00am to 10:00pm
  • Roosville: Highway 93, south of Fernie, B.C.
    • 24-hour, open year-round

Border Crossing Requirements:

  • Visitors from all countries will need a valid passport to enter Canada or the United States.
  • They may also require other documentation such as a visas or alien card.
  • Check with a Canadian embassy.
  • Persons under 18 years traveling without their parents should have a letter of authorization from a parent or guardian to travel into Canada or the United States.

Airport Options

Fly into Glacier Park International Airport plus a 3 hour drive 

Great Falls International Airport
, plus a 3.5 hour drive 

Fly into 
Missoula Montana Airport plus a 5 hour drive

Calgary International Airport
 and a 3.5 hour drive

We are committed to making our website ADA compliant. Read our accessibility statement